Before Faith of That’s Just Fabulous tagged me in this post, I knew I wanted to do it. Moreso because what I do in the morning and evenings is so routine (literally) to me at this point that I really don’t think about it. I’m a complete night person so it’s fun to see how that time of day differs from the wee early hours.
1. What is your morning beauty routine? I am the worst morning person – even though i’m trying to get better at it. I usually stumble into the bathroom and wash my face with a basic Clean & Clear facial cleanser. I follow up with a spritz of my Lush rose toner water to wake up my skin a bit. Once my skin is fully dried I apply my TooFaced Hangover primer – which doubles as a primer and moisturizer for me. I then use the next few minutes, as it dries, to make my bed or prepare my french press.
2. What’s for breakfast? I usually don’t like to eat first thing in the morning, so I usually only drink a glass of water before I head out. Luckily my office has a ton of healthy food options so I usually will have a lemon yogurt and some shredded mini wheats after our morning meeting around 9:30. On the weekends I will spend a bit more time on breakfast and will prepare a smoothie/acai bowl or some scrambled eggs with veggies. My favorite combo is egg whites with spinach, feta cheese, tomatoes, and LOTS of ketchup. I’m a ketchup fiend.
3. Coffee or tea? In the morning it’s coffee all the way. I try to hold off on drinking it so my body wakes up naturally, but lately I’ve been needed it first-thing (my sleep has been majorly lacking). I usually make a french press if at home and drink it black or with some 2% milk. If I’m running a bit behind, or feel fairly awake, I’ll usually hold off until I get to work and drink a cup after the morning meeting while reading TheSkimm. It’s those few minutes of my day where I hold off all work and relax a bit. If I’m feeling like it’s going to be a hectic day then I really dig in and stop at Starbucks on my way out of the metro. The amount of caffeine in those cups gets. me. going.
4. How long does it take to get out the door? Getting ready has always been something that I love doing. If I wake up early enough I take my time applying my makeup, listen to my James Bay Pandora station, and light my favorite Henri Bendel candle. Realistically, I don’t have THAT much time during the workweek so I tend to spend about 45 minutes from the second I wake up to the second I walk out the door. I can crunch that down to about 30 minutes if necessary, but I’d prefer to be a bit late than spend my day feeling like a slub.
5. What is your go-to makeup look on a fuss-free morning? I tend to always apply the same face regardless of the day: DiorSkin Serum foundation, Urban Decay weightless concealer, Hourglass ambient lighting powder in Dim Light, and some pinky blush. The products are all so easy to apply so it only takes me a few minutes. I will run my Anastasia pencil through my brows and set them with my Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper. I then pop some color on my lids with the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize cream shadow and load up my lashes with Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. Lip-wise, I swipe some of my trusty Clinique Chubby Stick in Wopping Watermelon and run out the door.
6. What is your evening beauty routine? As I usually am taking off makeup in the evening, my routine is a bit more in-depth. I start off by removing said makeup with a micellar water (currently I’m using Garnier). I then use a Neutrogena Ultra Light Cleansing Oil to wash my face and use some makeup remover if my eye makeup is still smudged. Afterwards I’ll scrub my lips with my Lush Bubblegum scrub and apply some heavy duty balm (either Eos or Rosebud Salve). Lastly, I apply the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream all over my face and neck. If I have a bit more time I’ll also do a face mask – the Sephora sheet masks and Lush fresh face masks are my fave!
7. Snack time! What’s in the bowl? Most likely it’s ice cream. I loooooove the Talenti gelato in the Banana Chocolate Swirl and Caramel Cookie Crunch flavors. If I’m craving something salty then I’ll break out the popcorn.
8. How do you wind down and prep for bed? I make a cup of Yogi Sleepytime tea almost every night. I’ll then sip on this while reading a book or – self-admittedly – watching Snapchats. I have my phone set to go on sleep mode at 10 p.m. each night so I try to stay off of it as much as possible. I then usually turn off my lights and listen to a meditation track to help myself sleep. Headspace is currently my favorite app – the man’s voice is soooo soothing. Honestly, getting into bed is my absolute favorite thing to do. I freaking love sleep.
9. Cozy up! What are you wearing to sleep? Usually it’s an oversized T-shirt. Okay, realistically it’s an oversized One Direction T-shirt. No shame in my game. If it’s colder out, then I’ll layer up with some leggings and fuzzy socks.
10. What are some things you must do before hitting the hay? I always have to make sure my room is cleaned up. If I wake up to a messy room then it totally sets my day off on the wrong foot. I also have gotten use to sleeping with a little fan on as to draw out the city noise.
Doing this I’ve realized that I actually have a lot of strange habits haha. Do you have any of the same ones as me? Also, are you more of a morning of evening person?
I’m tagging the following lovely ladies to talk about their AM/PM routines: