You guys: I’ve found my perfect bronzed palette. While I was home in NJ I stumbled across this at my local Kohls while looking for a new makeup case. Yes, Kohls carries makeup now. It only took me one swatch of the bronzed shadow in the LORAC Unzipped Gold palette to absolutely fall in love. Somehow I convinced myself that I ‘didn’t need it’ (who does that?) but ended up going back to the store upon opening the next day to pick it up.
I’ve looked into the LORAC Pro palettes before, but have never seen the Unzipped collection in person. The Gold version carries ten matte and shimmer shades that can work together solo or combined together:
– Undressed (matte) | light yellow beige
– Uninhibited (shimmer) | warm golden beige
– Unpredictable (shimmer) | brightened peachy-coral
– Undeniable (matte) | Favorite; muted medium brown
– Unedited (matte) | dark warm brown
– Unlocked (shimmer) | brightened white gold
– Unlimited (shimmer) | light-medium yellow gold
– Unleashed (shimmer) | Favorite; deep copper
– Unwind (matte) | medium taupe-brown
– Unafraid (shimmer) | deep warm brown
The colors are so pigmented and can be used wet or dry. I tend to use the shimmery shades with a dampened brush, but stick to a dry brush for the matte colors (as they can ruin the palette). The only downside I notice is that the shimmery shades tend to have a bit of fall-out. When using shades like Unleashed or Unafraid, I tend to cover my undereye with my hand – or do my eye makeup first before the rest of my face.
All together, this is an amazing find for $40 and I’m so happy I picked it up! LORAC also has an original version of this palette that’s more pinky toned. It looks like a great substitute if you’re looking to save on something like the Urban Decay Naked 3 (you can see that reviewed here for comparison – throwback, whoa!).
Have you tried out this palette? If so, what’s your favorite combination? Mine is Undeniable on the lid, Unafraid in the crease, and Unleashed layered all over on top.