To say that May was a busy time is a bit of an understatement. Between starting a new job, lots of traveling, and balancing after-work events I feel like I’ve been running around like crazy. Thankfully June comes with a one-week vacation in the Outer Banks (my favorite relaxation spot) and a less full calendar. Hopefully it’ll also come with time to generate more content!
Since May was one of those months where I was constantly on the move, my go-to products tend to mimic that. I focused more on replenishing my tired skin and keeping things fresh:
- New Brushes (!!) | I’m excited to talk about this one first since it was one of those purchases I’ve been putting off for a while. A new Sephora opened in my neighborhood and the brush display was the first place I visited. My eyebrow brush had broken a while back so I was using a CVS version as a back-up. It was not good. Thankfully I walked out of Sephora with the Pro Brow Comb #21 and the Pro Brow Brush #20. If I have five minutes before I walk out the door my brows are always on my list. The tag-team is perfect for keeping them in place and the brushes feel like they’ll last a lifetime. I also love how they came with little plastic covers – which I slip on for travel to keep them clean.
- LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask | This is my first LUSH face mask and certainly won’t be my last. I popped into the Georgetown store when I was walking home from work one day and wanted something to really make my skin feel fresh. The associate was so nice and helped me pick out a mask that she thought worked best for what I wanted: clean out my pores, get rid of redness, and leave my face hydrated. I was hesitant to purchase this mask since it’s main ingredient was garlic (yes, garlic), but it actually had a nice smell and was just what I needed. The mask was cooling (especially since it’s kept in the fridge) and cleaned out my pores while being uber gentle to my skin. This is definitely something I’ll be keeping in my rotation!
- NYX Photo Loving Primer in Clear | I was ecstatic when I saw that my CVS restocked this product. The formula comes out of the tube like a gel but sits as a powder once you apply it to your face. It fills in my pores and blurs any lines on my face. I also love that it’s more of a gel form since it sits so comfortably on my skin without feeling greasy – like most lotions do. Bonus is that the tube is extremely long-lasting and at a low price.
- Daisy by Marc Jacobs Fragrance | You know when you borrow a friend’s perfume and know you have to have it? That’s what happened here. I used my friend Lydia’s Daisy spritz before going out one night and fell in love. This is definitely more of a light scent for the day, but its floral scent – with hints of violet, gardenia, and vanilla – is perfect for the summer. Unfortunately snagging the full-size scent was out of my budget but I did pick up this small sample in line at Sephora. It also came with Daisy Eau So Fresh for $10 and the bottles are so cute and ready to throw into my makeup bag for trips!
- Clinique Lip Pop Lipstick in Sweet Pop | This has been a staple in my bag (as seen here) and is the perfect way to add color to my face on the go. The formula is super creamy and doesn’t need a mirror to apply. I also love that the cap is a bit more sturdy to re-attach so you don’t have chances of it coming off in your purse. These Lip Pops are definitely on my list to pick up more shades. I’m already eyeing the Melon Pop and Cherry Pop colors for my summer wardrobe!
What are your favorites for the month focused around? Have you tried any of these products? Let me know below!