One week til Memorial Day weekend, one week til Memorial Day Weekend…. I feel like I’ve been repeating this in my head for so long but now it’s sneaking up on us. I am going to be on the road for the next two weeks so this weekend was an important one to catch up on some housekeeping things. I also got the chance to celebrate Faith’s birthday with some of my favorite girlfriends, which was a blast! We snagged brunch at Policy, strolled around Georgetown with stops at Pinkberry and H&M home, and then topped off the night with Thai at DC Noodles (the best modern decor) and drinks/dancing out on U Street.
After doing blog prep all day, last night I relaxed a bit with the Billboards and a block of brie – the best kind of combination. Of course my attention was focused on One Direction and Taylor Swift who equally killed it at the show. Listening to snippets of 1D’s music last night has me craving it all day long today, so lets just say it’s on repeat. Can we also talk about the badassery that went on in Taylor’s ‘Bad Blood’ video? Girl squad on point. (If you missed it, you can now check it out on YouTube!)
I’m also keeping things light and fresh today with some Diptyque lotion, pink gloss, and my favorite Kate Spade studs.
- New lip shades from NARS (I’m talkin’ Heat Wave and Schiap for the Summer)
- A cute umbrella. I’m a little late on this one as I’ve been caught in many downpours but I’m loving this one from Hunter
- A Fashion Police report from the Billboards. I use to love tuning into the FP show after awards, but have been missing out on it since Joan was no longer part of it
- Catching up on great TV tonight! For the first time I’m going to attempt to watch The Bachelorette – the multi-hour long premieres are always too extensive for me. I also can’t wait to see the Bruce Jenner special. Did anyone catch it?
- Time off. Is it vacation time yet? This upcoming weekend will be a nice glimpse into my weeklong OBX trip. I love this post from J. Lynn Designery about ways to ensure your vacay is made the most of! Three words: try the squid.
- Tamira’s post on ways you can improve your blog and Instagram photos.
What was your favorite part of the Billboards? I’m still awing over Tay’s white sparkle jumpsuit!
Shop this Post