Well, when they say Mondays kick you in the butt they don’t lie (they say that, right?). I had written this post yesterday but of course had to add in this fun story from my morning commute. Turns out the metro system had a smoke emergency and they shut down the service. After trying multiple busses – which tended to stop every block – my roommate and myself decided to just strap up and walk the way in to work. The positive spin on things was that I got my a.m. cardio, but it was a humid 2.5 mile stroll. Oy.
Back to the original content: This weekend was made to be a relaxing one. I grabbed dinner and some sangria with a friend on Friday then was lucky enough to catch a Olsen marathon on TV. Within five minutes of “Holiday in the Sun” I was reminded how much makeup envy I have from that show. Cue the glossy bronze eyes that have been popping into my makeup routine for the weekend.
Saturday was spent running around town and laying out with a good book. It was a hot one but it was lovely to get some sun, for once. I kind of forget how much the sun wears you out so another movie marathon night was used up – this time with “Sweet Home Alabama”. I went out to Eastern Market on Sunday morning for church, lunch at Medium Rare (yum!), and strolling with iced coffees. I finally snagged a blue mason jar that I had been eyeing for a while. It currently is housing my peonies on our coffee table and the pop of blue is great for my neutral living room. The night ended with some hockey viewing and margaritas with friends.
How was your weekends? Let me know your favorite moment!
- After seeing Alix from I Covet Thee swooning over the red cream lip stain from Sephora, I think I need to swing by Georgetown to snag it
- I ordered slip-on Converse sneakers from DSW but unfortunately they are a bit too big. As all other sizes are sold out it looks like I’ll be going for the regular lace-up sneakers instead. Any other contenders out there?
- Yes, I’m still daydreaming about making a gallery wall in our living room. My eyes have been drawn to the lovely prints on Etsy
- After playing around with my stock camera lenses for a while now, I know the #1 item on my birthday list will be a 50mm lens. Any recommendations?
- I’m heading to the OBX for a week in June and am already swooning over beachy finds. This twist scarf from ban.do is at the top of my list
- Loving this flowy top from ASOS
P.S. Have ya’ll been seeing the sneak peeks for Taylor’s “Bad Blood” video? Spoiler alert: Gigi Hadid, Lena Dunham, Kendrick Lamar, Hailee Steinfeld, Ellie Goulding, Hayley Williams, Zendaya, and Lily Aldridge are all set to be in it. Can you say may-jah girl power moment?