With Spring’s arrival comes bare legs, lighter fabrics, and – if you’re like me – an “OMG! How did I get so pale?” moment. Thankfully one of this season’s biggest beauty trends involve a bronzed and glowing face. This has been one of my all-time favorite make-up looks and looks best on my light complexion.
The products I use to get this glow range from drugstore to high-end. The best products have a sheen (but aren’t too glitter-based) and really pull out the natural highlight points on your face:
- Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour For me contour is a world of it’s own. Although I admire Kim K’s process, I don’t think my skin would like that amount of make-up layered on top. However I have been using this stick from Clinique and it has definitely made me jump on the contouring bandwagon. It’s super easy to swipe on my forehead, under my cheek bones, and a bit on the sides of my nose. I then blend it with my fingers to give it a very natural look – without it being too heavy. I love the creamy formula of this stick and it is super easy to target the application!
- Rimmel Natural Bronzer in “Sun Light” I started using this bronzer a few years ago and haven’t strayed since. I love the fact that it’s not shimmery and the color gives a natural flush to your face. I usually apply it with a large fluffy brush over my contour zones and neck/decollete to give a nice glow. The product itself is also very affordable and lasts me forever! It’s one of my favorite beauty staples for sure.
- NYX Liquid Illuminator I had harped my appreciation of the NYX brand before and this baby goes right along with it. Although I prefer a powder illuminator, this creamy formula still seems to be the one I always grab. I dab a little bit on my finger and then rub it onto my upper cheekbones. This gives a beautiful sheen without being too much of an over-kill. It looks even better with a nice tan!
- CoverGirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in “Crystal Flame” This pencil is perfect for highlighting my inner eye duct and my cupids bow. I usually apply a small amount in each area then use my pinky to blend it out. The color has a nice sheen and really opens up my eyes. The pencil itself is also small enough to carry around in my make-up bag for a quick application.
- Milani Eyeshadow in “24 Bella Bronze” I’ve always heard rave reviews over Milani’s products but tend to shy away once I get into the drugstore. To me their display looks a bit cheap (whoops!) but one day I decided to throw this shadow into my cart on a whim. I’m sure glad I did. The eyeshadow is extremely pigment packed and carries a punch. I use a fluffy eyeshadow brush to cover my lid in the color then blend it in. The result is a deep bronze color with a great sheen to it. This particular shade is definitely a bit more dramatic but I’m a big fan of smoky eyes. Needless to say, Milani proved me wrong and I can’t wait to try some of their other stuff.
- NYX Butter Lipstick in “Fizzies” Another NYX favorite for me falls in this lip product. I have about three shades of this particular line and am obsessed! The formula is so creamy and does not dry your lips out. They’re also super easy to apply and I can safely add a touch-up without a mirror. This particular shade shows up a bit rosy on my lips with a hint of coral – which is the perfect pop of long-wearing color.
Which bronzing products get your glowing review? Let me know below!