Yesterday I was nominated by my friend Jordan at Petite Modern for the Liebster Award. The award is dedicated to new and aspiring bloggers with 3,000 followers or less as a way to encourage others to discover new blogs. Once nominated, each blogger answers 11 questions (chosen by the nominator). You then have the honor of nominating 11 other bloggers you want to see honored with this award. I’m so excited Jordan reached out to me for this and am happy to share more about myself and “With Love, From Sarah”:
1. What inspired you to start your blog? I have always been passionate about photography and loved sharing my favorite finds with my friends. However, I was limited to sharing with those who I either saw or talked to everyday. I was introduced to the blogging world through my friend Faith who started hers and knew that it was the perfect creative outlet for me. Not only could I reach a larger market with my thoughts, but I also love that it is a positive hobby that I would enjoy continuing.
2. What is your favorite post that you have written, and why? My favorite post had to have been my first one: “New Year, New Resolutions“. I was still unsure if I wanted to take the plunge in launching my blog but once January 1st rolled around I had no more excuses than to stick with my resolution. The first post was a true introduction to myself and was a big step in taking my vision to the next level. Not only did I realize that my goal was attainable but I also realized how great and supportive my family and friends (even strangers) were.
3. Where is your favorite locally owned place to shop? Although their shops have been spreading across the East Coast, lou lou Boutiques has always been one of my favorite DC shops to stop in. They have the largest select of accessories – all color coordinated by section – so I always know I find something I love there. The prices are right and the pieces are great quality, which is always great to find.
4. Where do you find your style inspiration? My favorite place to find inspiration has to be through my Instagram feed. Instagram has always been my favorite social media outlet and I love how interactive and personal it can be. I have a first row seat to see my favorite bloggers, celebrities, and friends show off their looks and hear their interactions with their followers – which is difficult to do on other social media platforms. I find myself screen-shotting my favorite looks and duplicating them with my own fashion on a daily basis. I also love how the feed is constantly updating and is a real-life reaction to the latest trends and styles.
5. What is your favorite book? Reading is one of my favorite hobbies so this is definitely a hard one for me. I feel like my ‘favorites’ depend on what my mood is for that month. Sometimes it’s the cheesy beach reads; other times it’s the mystery novels that keep you guessing; but lately I’ve been so absorbed in the autobiography themes ( think Tina Fey’s ‘Bossypants’ + Amy Poehler’s ‘Yes Please’). Sophia Amoruso’s #girlboss is definitely my anthem of 2015. Not only is Sophia amazingly talented in the development of the Nasty Gal brand but she also has a strong voice that she’s not afraid to lay out. I’ve already read the book twice and it always gets me in a great mood to face my biggest challenges and take risks. I highly recommend it if you haven’t picked it up yet!
6. Favorite meal to cook at home? Self-admittingly I am not the best cook. More so, it’s much easier for me to throw together a cheese plate and some wine than cook an entire meal for myself. Growing up I hated the crock pot (yes, this is a thing that really happened and i’m sure my mom is laughing at me right now) but I’ve found it to be my secret weapon when I’m limited in time. I recently found this amazing Spinach and Tortellini soup which is perfect for winter! I made some on Sunday and have enough to bring with me to lunch everyday. Not only is it delicious, but it was super easy to make.
7. What is your instagram username? This one’s easy! It’s @sarahmariewagner so please check it out! I’d love to have ya.
8. Where is your dream travel destination? Again, a tough one. I’ve always been a person who loves to go to the same places over and over when I vacation. However I definitely want to break this habit and get out to see the world. I would love to do a tour and visit places like London, Paris, Italy, Spain, Germany, and the Greek Islands (does that count as one?). Santorini has always looked so beautiful to me with its colors and culture.
9. Favorite Cocktail? Give me a good mojito and I’ll love you forever.
10. What is one thing you cannot go a day without? Music. Between my iPod, Spotify radio, and my phone I have a connection to all of my favorite artists at all times. There’s something about always having a song that connects you with your emotions – no matter what they may be. A simple song can also remind you of a special memory or place in your heart that other things just can’t simply connect to. Lately I’ve been into artists like Hozier, Mat Kearney, The Head and the Heart, and Milo Greene.
11. Who is your Style icon (design, fashion, home decor, anyone!)? I think it’s nearly impossible to narrow down my favorite icons – since I have a different one for each aspect of my life. I like to think of it more as my style icon Girl Gang: beauty and style blogger Cara Loren was the first blogger I fell in love with and is also a beautiful mother and inspiration for the future; Lauren Conrad and Taylor Swift are the stylish duo who I want to be BFFs with; Kate Spade has continually molded the feminine look into high-end pieces that I always would love to wear; and the Ban.do brand is the most fun and sassy group of girls I’ve ever seen on the interweb. Just check out this sugary display from their pop-shop:
I would now love to nominate these 11 lovely ladies who all show their style through their blogs:
- Melis from The Fashion Mews (@melotones)
- Anne from As Seen on Anne (@annewaddington)
- Elle from Uniquely Elle (@uniquelyelle)
- Lauren from Sunshades and Snowflakes (@lc_steele)
- Kathryn from Chic and Simmer (@kathrynbyers)
- Lorina from LorinaDaiana (@lorina_daiana)
- Elle from Elle Lloyd (@ellelloydblog)
- Ashleigh from The Blonde Silhouette (@theblondesilhouette) A little over 3k but still an amazing site!
- Raquel from Bouquet of Style (@bouquetofstyle)
- Cynthia from Cynthia Lions (@cynthialions)
- Amy from Girl for Granted (@girlforgranted)
- What was the inspiration that led you to start your blog?
- What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
- What is your favorite post that you have written, and why?
- What inspires you?
- What is your favorite place you’ve ever visited and why?
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
- What is your favorite piece in your closet?
- Where do you find your style inspiration?
- What is one thing you cannot go a day without?
- Who is your Style icon?
- What, besides blogging, are you passionate about?
I can’t wait to learn more about you and connect! Congratulations to you all.